COMMUNITY COUNSELOR JOB PROFILE
Thank you for your interest in joining America’s premier au pair network!
We are looking for a passionate and community-minded individual interested in fostering cross cultural exchange. This position requires a self-motivated individual to serve as a local representative in the community for Au Pair in America, the oldest and most respected au pair program in the USA. As a Community Representative/Counselor with APIA, you will discuss the program with potential host parents, schedule and conduct in-home visits, explain program regulations, evaluate suitability of host families, assist host families in selecting au pairs and prepare them for the arrival of their au pair. You will communicate regularly with host parents and au pairs, schedule and implement monthly meetings for the au pairs to enhance their cross-cultural experience. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to mediate also required.
Great things about this job:
- Flexible schedule while working from your home, with in person appointments in the community and in host family homes.
- Grow your local cluster to increase your financial rewards and other benefits.
- Excellent training and support from colleagues who care.
- Expand your knowledge of cultures from around the world and impact the lives of young adults and local families.
Preferred experience for this job:
- 5 years working experience in communications, intercultural exchange, education, management, au pair, social work, family counseling and/or working with young adults.
- Community volunteering and networking experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational, computer, organization, problem solving, relationship building, mentoring skills.
Required for this job:
- Must reside within a one-hour drive of all host families and be a current resident of the cluster area.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work part time or full time during business hours
AIFS is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage applicants with differences in gender, age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical ability, political affiliation, race, religion, spirituality, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
We are looking for someone who can add to our team and organization and recognize there is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate. We encourage you to apply if you meet at least 65% of the listed qualifications and experience. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences who meet the qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply. A successful background check is required for employment.
Click here to apply for a Community Counselor position with Au Pair in America.