COMMUNITY COUNSELOR JOB PROFILE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOINING AMERICA’S PREMIER AU PAIR NETWORK!
We are looking for a passionate and community-minded individual interested in fostering cross cultural exchange.This position requires a self-motivated individual to serve as a local representative in the community for Au Pair in America, the oldest and most respected au pair program in the USA. As a Community Representative/Counselor with APIA, you will discuss the program with potential host parents, schedule and conduct in-home visits, explain program regulations, evaluate suitability of host families, assist host families in selecting au pairs and prepare them for the arrival of their au pair. You will communicate regularly with host parents and au pairs and schedule and implement monthly meetings for the au pairs to enhance their cross cultural experience. Strong problem solving skills and ability to mediate also required.
Great Things About this Job:
- Flexible schedule in a part-time, fully remote position
- Excellent Training and Support from colleagues that care
- Expand your knowledge of cultures from around the world
- Grow your local cluster and enjoy financial and other benefits.
As a Community Representative/Counselor with APIA, you must be able to work independently and effectively within your local area. Enthusiasm, flexibility, and innovation are necessary in your approach to problem solving. Seeking individuals with a real passion for working with families and knowledge of the community. This is a remote work at home position, hours may vary and are flexible. Additional requirements for the position include:
- Experience in communications, intercultural exchange, education, nanny/au pair, social work, family counseling and/or working with young adults preferred
- Must reside within a one-hour drive of all host families
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent organizational skills and computer abilities
- Ability to provide interim room and board for au pairs in case of emergencies – daily fee provided
- Community volunteering and networking experience a plus