COMMUNITY COUNSELOR JOB PROFILE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOINING AMERICA’S PREMIER AU PAIR NETWORK!
The community counselor (CC) interviews potential host families to evaluate their appropriateness for the Au Pair in America program. The community counselor assists host families with the selection of their au pair, has responsibility for a cluster, and generally facilitates the host family/au pair relationship.
The community counselor is also responsible for ensuring adherence to program regulations established by the State Department. The community counselor reports to an assigned regional program manager. Regional representatives assist in training new counselors and work with them to market the program and provide support in customer service issues. Responsibilities include:
- Recruiting potential host families Interviewing prospective host families when applications are forwarded by the main office
- Conducting an orientation of all new host families, in person, before the arrival of the au pair
- Organizing au pair travel arrangements from the Tarrytown, New York orientation to the host community in conjunction with the host family
- Contacting the au pair within 48 hours of arrival to the host family
- Meeting with each au pair and host family in person within two weeks of the au pair’s arrival
- Submitting formal reports as required
- Maintaining a record of all personal monthly contacts with au pairs and host families
- Organizing monthly meetings for au pairs in the cluster
- Coordinating and hosting an annual host family day
- Establishing, fostering and maintaining rapport with each au pair and host family
- Assessing problems impartially before they develop into crises and mediating, when necessary, to resolve a situation
- Informing the regional program manager of critical situations
- Ensuring that each au pair gains a working knowledge of the community and completes the educational requirements
- Offering interim room and board to an au pair in the event of an emergency
Click here to apply for a Community Counselor position with Au Pair in America.