Our Host Families
Carefully selected host families throughout the USA
Au Pair in America will help you match with a family whose needs match your experience and whose lifestyle you’ll feel comfortable with. Finding the right family is essential to a successful au pair experience, which is why Au Pair in America focuses on making the matching process between au pairs and host families very personal.
We want this to be a successful, intercultural exchange for everyone, so we hand select families and au pairs with compatible lifestyles, interests and experience.
Our amazing families live in one of 180 cluster areas located all over the U.S. so you could find yourself spending a year anywhere from New York to Seattle, San Francisco to Chicago. Discovering the right family to match with will be the deciding factor in your location. Each family is unique and the number of children and their ages will vary from family to family. All of our families share the desire for the perfect au pair to join their lives. They are looking for an open-minded, flexible individual who will care for their children in a safe, fun and reliable way!
Host Families can apply if
- they are U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents
- they live close to one of our Community Counselors
- both host parents speak fluent English
- they keep to a 45 hour per week au pair schedule
- they abide by the rules and regulations of the program
- the au pair has their own room and board
- the au pair will fulfill childcare responsibilities only
- they are financially able to undertake all hosting obligations
“I like that I can feel good about the excellent and loving care that my kids receive while I am at work.” Lori Salinsky – Host Parent