AU PAIR HOST FAMILY INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
We take matching our host families with the right au pair very seriously. That’s one reason why Au Pair in America employs Community Counselors – we are the only au pair organization in America to have them, in fact. Community Counselors act as liaisons between the host family and au pair, as well as answer any host family questions that may arise during the course of the au pair’s stay. We only have au pairs in communities where we have local Community Counselors; we’re that committed to the concept.
Once you have decided that having an au pair in your home is the right choice for your family, your personal Community Counselor will set up a time for a family interview. During the interview, the counselor will answer host family questions about the program, help the family select an au pair, help answer au pair questions for the host family, and make sure the family understands the Host Family Requirements. The counselor can also help the family prepare for any au pair questions for the host family.
Here is a sample of some Host Family Interview Questions:
- Why would you like to become an Au Pair?
- Have you ever lived away from home before?
- Why do you love working with children?
- Describe some of your childcare experience.
- Why do you want to come to America?
- Do you have experience driving? Experience driving during winter?
- Do you have experience with kids? What do you like sharing with them or teaching them?
- Would you be willing to work during special events? (like host parent work event)
- Do you have experience handling emergencies?
- Do you have any certificates? (CPR, etc)
- What would you do in case of _______? (specific emergency scenario)
- Do you smoke?
- Are you social, sharing, creative?
- What would you do with the kids? What activities?
- Do you have any food allergies or special diet?
Au Pair in America wants to be sure each host family feels comfortable about its au pair choice. Beyond this first family interview, our Community Counselor will remain in touch to be sure any host family questions that arise are answered quickly.
For more information, contact us today!