Base program fees include:
- Recruitment, interviewing and selection of the au pair and host family
- Administrative and support services during the exchange
- Round trip transportation between designated cities abroad and the au pair orientation site
- Au pair orientation and training
- Partial J-1 visa processing
- A portion of basic medical insurance
- Personal liability coverage
- A cultural workshop for the au pair
- A cultural workshop for the host family
- Unlimited access to online resources
- Rematching service should a replacement au pair be required to fulfill a host family’s contract year.
* To maintain a uniform program fee for host families, au pairs and EduCare companions traveling to and from select cities pay a flight surcharge towards their airline cost.
Au pairs pay a program fee that, in part, covers screening and placement services, visa processing, resource materials and a portion of international flight costs from select gateways.
Additional au pair cost considerations:
Some of the things that can contribute to the overall cost of au pair services are not included in the Au Pair in America fees. The following should be considered by host families: private room and board, weekly stipend paid to the au pair/companion (see chart), automobile insurance, public transportation if not providing use of car, educational allowance towards tuition, and course materials.
Fees and the weekly au pair salary do not include the educational allowance required of all host families – $500 for Au Pair and Extraordinaire; $1,000 for EduCare. The educational component is currently under review by The Department of State. You will be advised if there is a mandated change. Match fee is non-refundable unless Au Pair in America can not bring in the au pair.
*A $35 U.S. government imposed SEVIS fee is charged for every au pair arriving to your home, except in circumstances where the au pair has transferred from one family into your family.
Excess airline fees: An additional fee may be imposed if air carriers levy increased fuel surcharges or new increased taxes after January 1, 2012.