WHO CAN APPLY
Expand your mind through childcare, study and travel with Au Pair in America
To be a great Au Pair you must be motivated, open-minded and of course love spending time with children! The term ‘au pair’ means ‘on par’ or equal, which is exactly what you will be – an equal member of your host family. Au pairs are international visitors who, on a J-1 Visitor Exchange visa, live with an American host family of their choice for a minimum of 12 months whilst caring for their children.
If you meet all of our program requirements, you can register on our website and start your online application today! If you do not quite meet all of these program requirements, then contact your local Au Pair in America interviewer to discuss what you need to do in order to apply. We help over 4,000 young people each year from all around the world to live their American dream. You can be next!
YOU CAN APPLY IF YOU
- Are between the ages of 18 – 26 years old
- Have 200 hours of recent, non-family, childcare experience
- Have a valid driving license and clean driving record
- Are a secondary school graduate or equivalent
- Have a good standard of spoken English skills
- Have never been convicted of a criminal offence
- Are unmarried with no spouse or dependents
- Want to spend a year living with an American family
“LIVING WITH MY AMERICAN HOST FAMILY WAS LIKE BEING WITH MY SECOND FAMILY. I NOW HAVE A FAMILY IN GERMANY AND ONE IN THE USA.” MARIE – GERMANY