Welcome to New York – it’s been waiting for you!
Kick-start your au pair journey in the city that never sleeps!
Introducing Au Pair in America’s NYC Welcome – a 3-day welcome and training session in the NYC area for au pairs arriving in the USA from July to October!
What’s Included in the NYC Welcome?
- A 2-night half board stay at a 4 Star hotel in the NYC area.
- In-person training with our experts – we’ll get you ready for the American way of life.
- Our team will help to prepare you for a successful placement with your host family.
- The opportunity to take a tour of New York City and visit world famous landmarks.
- The chance to meet other au pairs from across the world and make lifelong friends.
- Make unforgettable memories in the Big Apple. This is all included in your program fee and exclusive to Au Pair in America!
So you know no matter where you’re from, what state you’re placed in, you’ll all have one thing in common: Your first few days will belong in New York City, and New York City belongs to you!
Pre-Departure Online Training
Once you match with a host family, Part 1 of your Pre-Departure Training will become available in your To Do list which you can access via your online profile. You can expect a variety of resources such as voiceover presentations, videos, reading materials and quizzes. As you can start this as soon as you are Placed, you should have plenty of time to enjoy these training sessions and you can now begin preparing for your Au Pair in America adventure!
Before your departure to the USA, you will complete Part 2 of your training by attending live webinars and interacting with our trainers online.
You will also be invited to Q&A sessions with our trainers where you can ask any questions that you may still have. It is mandatory to attend at least one webinar however most au pairs choose to attend more, and the good news is you can join as many of these as you like. During this time, you will also complete your Red Cross training and receive your certificate.
By this point, our training will have you feeling ready and excited to fully embrace your au pair role, ready to touch down in NYC!