Au Pair in America in New Jersey
Visit the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission website for information about driving in New Jersey.
The information listed here is your starting point to fulfilling the education requirement. Your community counselor will have the most popular and affordable choices in your area.
- The schools listed here are not all reasonable options. Ask your community counselor for the schools closest to you.
- Continuing Education (also Adult Education or Lifelong Learning) classes are generally the most affordable options for au pairs.
- Review the cost, class schedule, and transportation needed for the classes you are interested in with your host family. You need to be responsible about selecting courses that meet at times that will not conflict with your work schedule. Take into consideration the time it will take to travel between home and the campus. Your host family must approve your plans.
- Host families reimburse tuition costs and costs of related materials (books and supplies) up to $500 ($1000 for EduCare) for you to complete your six semester hours (12 for EduCare), or the equivalent. You are responsible for all payments for tuition, fees, books and materials that exceed the host family’s contribution. Education money is not paid to you in cash if you do not use the complete amount.
- For more detailed information about the education requirement and education in the US, click here to see the ABCs of Education.
Atlantic Cape Community College
Bergen Community College
Brookdale Community College
Burlington County College
Camden County College
College of Saint Elizabeth
County College of Morris
Cumberland County Community College
Essex County Community College
Gloucester County College
Hudson County Community College
Mercer County Community College
Middlesex County College
Monmouth County Vocational School District
Montclair State University
New Jersey City University
Ocean County College
Ocean County Vocational-Technical School
Ramapo College of New Jersey
Raritan Valley Community College
Seton Hall University
Somerset County Technical Institute
Sussex County Community College
Union County College
Region II offers a wide array of opportunities for the Host Families and Au Pairs. There are many national and State historic parks that allow for a variety of outdoor activities. And of course, some of America's greatest cities are in our region. For details about activities, events, travel and tourism, please visit the web sites listed below.
New Jersey: www.nj.com
View Au Pairs Now
Learn about becoming a host family
and view au pairs with no obligation.