Au Pair in America in Maryland
Au Pair in America expands to 10 new markets including Greenville, South Carolina.
Visit the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration website for information about driving in Maryland.
The information listed here is your starting point to fulfilling the education requirement. Your community counselor will have the most popular and affordable choices in your area.
- The schools listed here are not all reasonable options. Ask your community counselor for the schools closest to you.
- Continuing Education (also Adult Education or Lifelong Learning) classes are generally the most affordable options for au pairs.
- Review the cost, class schedule, and transportation needed for the classes you are interested in with your host family. You need to be responsible about selecting courses that meet at times that will not conflict with your work schedule. Take into consideration the time it will take to travel between home and the campus. Your host family must approve your plans.
- Host families reimburse tuition costs and costs of related materials (books and supplies) up to $500 ($1000 for EduCare) for you to complete your six semester hours (12 for EduCare), or the equivalent. You are responsible for all payments for tuition, fees, books and materials that exceed the host family’s contribution. Education money is not paid to you in cash if you do not use the complete amount.
- For more detailed information about the education requirement and education in the US, click here to see the ABCs of Education.
Anne Arundel Community College
College of Notre Dame of Maryland- English Language Institute (ELI)
College of Southern Maryland
Community College of Baltimore County
Corcoran College of Art and Design
Frederick Community College
Howard Community College
International Language Institute (ILI)
Lado International College
Prince George’s Community College
Sojourner Douglass College
The English House
Towson University- English Language Center
University of the District of Columbia
U.S. Department of Agriculture Graduate School
View Au Pairs Now
Learn about becoming a host family
and view au pairs with no obligation.