Au Pair in America in California
Au Pair in America expands to 10 new markets including Las Vegas, and Reno Nevada; and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Visit the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) website for information about driving in California.
The information listed here is your starting point to fulfilling the education requirement. Your community counselor will have the most popular and affordable choices in your area.
- The schools listed here are not all reasonable options. Ask your community counselor for the schools closest to you.
- Continuing Education (also Adult Education or Lifelong Learning) classes are generally the most affordable options for au pairs.
- Review the cost, class schedule, and transportation needed for the classes you are interested in with your host family. You need to be responsible about selecting courses that meet at times that will not conflict with your work schedule. Take into consideration the time it will take to travel between home and the campus. Your host family must approve your plans.
- Host families reimburse tuition costs and costs of related materials (books and supplies) up to $500 ($1000 for EduCare) for you to complete your six semester hours (12 for EduCare), or the equivalent. You are responsible for all payments for tuition, fees, books and materials that exceed the host family’s contribution. Education money is not paid to you in cash if you do not use the complete amount.
- For more detailed information about the education requirement and education in the U.S., click here to see the ABCs of Education.
Arizona State University
Berkeley Adult School
UC Berkeley Extension
Chabot-Las Positas Community College
City College of San Francisco
College of Marin
College of San Mateo
College of the Canyons
Contra Costa Community College District
Diablo Valley College
El Camino College
Evergreen Valley College
Golden West College in Huntington Beach
Los Angeles Harbor College
Los Angeles Pierce College
Los Angeles Valley College
Loyola Marymount University
Mira Costa College
Mt. San Antonio College
Napa Valley Adult School
Napa Valley College
Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa
Pasadena City College
Rancho Santiago College
Saddleback CC in Mission Viejo
San Diego Community College
San Diego State
San Francisco State University
San Jose City College
San Jose State University
Santa Ana College
Santa Ana College in Santa Ana
Santa Barbara City College
Santa Monica College
Santiago Canyon College in Orange
University of California/San Diego
University of California-Los Angeles
Ventura Community College District
West Valley College
For events around the Los Angeles area and activities to do with children: la.babyzone.com
For events around the San Jose area and activities to do with children: sanjose.babyzone.com
San Diego area:
View Au Pairs Now
Learn about becoming a host family
and view au pairs with no obligation.